Thought Leaders Present at Workshops and Conference Panels
Milpitas, Calif., and Los Angeles, Calif., March 21, 2017 – Lumentum Holdings Inc. (“Lumentum”) today announced it will have on hand a full complement of its datacom and telecom products plus live demonstrations at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC) 2017 in Los Angeles, Calif., from March 20 - 23, 2017, in Lumentum’s booth # 3001.
Datacom Transceivers: Lumentum has a wide complement of optical transceivers based on the company’s proven track record of technology leadership, first-to-volume capability, and relentless pursuit of cost-effective solutions. At OFC, Lumentum will have on hand a full array of products including:
- QSFP28 SWDM4, SR4: compact 100G transceivers supporting links of up to 100 m on multi-mode fiber.
- QSFP28 CWDM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 2 km on duplex single-mode fiber.
- QSFP28 LR4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 10km on duplex single-mode fiber. They support both Ethernet and OTN rates with a maximum power dissipation of 3.5 W.
- 4WDM-10, 20: compact 100G transceivers supporting links of up to 10 km and 20 km on duplex single-mode fiber extending the reach of CWDM4 and LR4 platforms through the use of FEC on the host card. Supporting both Ethernet and OTN rates with a maximum power dissipation of 3.5 W.
- CFP2/CFP4 LR4: 100G transceivers supporting links of up to 10 km on duplex, single-mode fiber.
Live 100G Demonstration:
Lumentum will conduct a live-traffic 100G demo in the booth utilizing a commercial 100GE switch with various QSFP28 transceivers: CWDM4, 4WDM-10, LR4, and short-reach (SR) products.
Leading the drive to 400G for hyperscale datacenter applications, Lumentum will be showcasing several 400G transceivers including QSFP-DD FR4, DR4, and OSFP FR4. The QSFP-DD and OSFP transceivers comply with the recently announced QSFP-DD Multi Source Agreement (MSA) and OSFP MSA respectively. Lumentum was an early participant and contributor to both MSA’s. These products leverage Lumentum’s strong heritage of photonic integration and utilize the company’s high-performance EML (electro-absorption modulator laser) technology. Lumentum is deeply engaged with key customers to ensure these solutions meet the requirements for this important future market.
SDN Optical Whitebox Platform: Lumentum’s SDN optical whitebox platform is designed for simplicity and scalability, with open interfaces. This family of configurable building blocks will support the construction of networking solutions for varied applications based on specific performance and cost requirements. The platform includes:
- Terminal Amplifier: The terminal amplifier whitebox and its associated mux/demux form the endpoints of a transport link.
- Mux/Demux: The mux/demux is a passive element that provides the entry/exit point for data transmission channels.
- Line Amplifier: The line amplifier whitebox is used to extend system reach beyond the single span limit of the terminal amplifier whitebox.
- ROADM: The ROADM whitebox is used to support wavelength agility in meshed networks.
Line-side Transceivers and Components: Lumentum continues to augment and expand the capabilities of its line-side transmission portfolio. It is announcing the general availability of the e-temp T-SFP+ transceiver for high-density metro applications, and dual Integrated Coherent Receiver (dual ICR) for next generation coherent applications up to 400G. The Lumentum CFP2-ACO pluggable coherent module is being featured as part of a live demonstration (OIF Physical & Link Layer Interoperability Demo) at Booth #3853, showing interoperability with other vendor ACO modules and a commercially available DSPs running 200G 16QAM traffic. Lumentum continues to engage key customers with its CFP2-ACO and ITXA products and work through module integration to close on key design win opportunities.
High-speed Optical Modulators: Lumentum has a portfolio of high-performance, Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF)-compliant, dual-polarization quad-parallel Mach Zehnder lithium-niobate modulators supporting metro, regional, and long-haul networks. At OFC, several advanced modulators supporting 100G, 200G, and 400G applications will be on display. Lumentum has actively engaged with the OIF -- as it sets the definition of next generation modulators; and, engaged with customers to support these emerging modulator system standards.
TrueFlex® Portfolio: Lumentum is continuing to drive the next generation of TrueFlex solutions. The newest solutions are showcased at OFC and include:
- TrueFlex Single-slot Super Transport Blades: featuring the Micro 1x9, the Micro Twin 1x9, and the Micro Twin 1x20 WSS, Optical Channel Monitor, Switchable-Gain Preamp EDFA, and Variable-Gain Booster EDFA.
- TrueFlex Multicast Switch: featuring the Twin 4x4 multicast switch and the upgradeable Twin 4x16 switch. These products continue to push the envelope for contentionless add/drop capacity and density.
- TrueFlex Optical Channel Monitoring Portfolio: featuring the Quad OCM, the Tunable Filter, and the Tunable Filter OCM. These solutions offer fixed and gridless scanning for power monitoring blades and single-slot ROADM blades.
Many of Lumentum’s thought leaders will be among the industry luminaries discussing key technology issues at OFC:
Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Workshop: “III-V + Silicon: To Integrate or to Co-package?”– Mike Larson, Director, Photonic Integrated Circuit and Device Development, Transmission Components -- 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM -- Room number: 408B – Los Angeles Convention Center
Monday, March 20, 2017
- Workshop: “White Box Optics: Will it Kill or Encourage Innovations?”-- Peter Roorda, Senior Director, Transport Product Development – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Room: 408B -- Los Angeles Convention Center
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- “Advancing Optical Interoperability in Open Networks” – Madhu Krishnaswamy, Senior Director, Optical Communications -- 2:30 PM to 2:45 PM – Expo Theater II -- Los Angeles Convention Center
- “Direct vs. Coherent Detection for Metro-DCI”– Brandon Collings, CTO -- 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM -- Room: 402AB -- Los Angeles Convention Center
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- ON2020 Workshop: “Driving Innovative Optical Network Solutions” -- Brandon Collings, CTO -- 8: 15 AM to 10:00 AM – Room: 518 -- Los Angeles Convention Center
- Panel IV: “Pluggable Optics – How is the Ecosystem and Value Chain Changing? – “The Road to 400G Client-Side Optics” -- Justin Abbott, Senior Product Line Manager, Datacom -- 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM – Theater I -- Los Angeles Convention Center
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- “Open Packet DWDM”-- Raj Nagarajan, Senior Product Line Manager, Optical Communications -- 10:15 AM to 11:45 AM – Expo Theater II -- Los Angeles Convention Center
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.