Thought Leaders Present at Conference Panels and Executive Forums
Milpitas, Calif., and Anaheim, Calif., March 18, 2016 – Lumentum Holdings Inc. (“Lumentum”) today announced it will have on hand a full complement of its telecom and datacom products at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC) 2016 in Anaheim, Calif., from March 20 - 24, 2016.
Datacom Transceivers: Lumentum has a wide complement of 100G optical transceivers and has a proven track record of technology leadership, first-to-volume capability, and relentless pursuit of cost-effective solutions. At OFC, Lumentum will have on hand a full array of 100G transceivers including:
- QSFP28 CWDM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 2 km on duplex single-mode fiber.
- QSFP28 PSM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 500 m on parallel single-mode fiber ribbon.
- QSFP28 LR4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 10 km on duplex single-mode fiber. It supports both Ethernet and OTN rates with a maximum power dissipation of 3.5 W.
- CFP2/CFP4: transceiver supports links of up to 10 km on duplex, single-mode fiber.
There will be a live traffic 100G demo in a commercial 100GE switch showcasing Lumentum’s datacom transceiver portfolio including CFP2 LR4, CFP4 LR4, QSFP28 LR4, QSFP28 PSM4 and QSFP28 CWDM4.
SDN Optical Whitebox Platform: Lumentum’s SDN optical whitebox platform is designed for simplicity and scalability, with open interfaces. This family of configurable building blocks will support the construction of networking solutions for varied applications based on specific performance and cost requirements. The platform includes:
- Terminal Amplifier: The terminal amplifier whitebox and its associated mux/demux form the endpoints of a transport link.
- Mux/Demux: The mux/demux is a passive element that provides the entry/exit point for data transmission channels.
- Line Amplifier: The line amplifier whitebox is used to extend system reach beyond the single span limit of the terminal amplifier whitebox.
- ROADM: The ROADM whitebox is used to support wavelength agility in meshed networks.
Line-side Transceivers and Components: Lumentum continues to augment and expand the capabilities of its line-side transmission portfolio. It is announcing the general availability of the e-temp T-SFP+ transceiver for high-density metro applications, and dual ICR for next generation coherent applications up to 400G. In addition, the Lumentum team continues to collaborate with key customers on CFP2-ACO and ITXA as they move into the beta-sampling phase.
High-speed Optical Modulators: Lumentum has a portfolio of high-performance, Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF)-compliant, dual-polarization quad-parallel Mach Zehnder lithium-niobate modulators supporting metro, regional, and long haul networks. At OFC, several advanced modulators supporting 100G, 200G, and 400G applications will be on display. Lumentum is actively engaged with the OIF -- as it sets the definition of next generation modulators; and, engaged with customers to support these emerging modulator system standards.
TrueFlex® Portfolio: Lumentum is continuing its support of next generation TrueFlex portfolio solutions. The newest solutions are showcased at OFC and include:
- TrueFlex Single-slot Super Transport Blades: featuring the Micro 1x9, the Micro Twin 1x9, and the Micro Twin 1x20 WSS, Optical Channel Monitor, Switchable-Gain Preamp EDFA, and Variable-Gain Booster EDFA.
- TrueFlex Multicast Switch: featuring the Twin 4x4 multicast switch and the upgradeable Twin 4x16 switch. They leverage Lumentum’s single-slot line card envelope that continues the industry benchmark for contentionless add/drop capacity and density.
- TrueFlex Optical Channel Monitoring Portfolio: featuring the Quad OCM, the Tunable Filter, and the Tunable Filter OCM. These solutions offer fixed and gridless scanning for power monitoring blades and single-slot ROADM blades.
Many of Lumentum’s thought leaders will engage with industry luminaries on key technology issues at OFC:
Sunday, March 20, 2016
- Workshop: “III-V vs. Silicon Photonic Transceivers: Competition or Coexistence?” -- Dr. Yuliya Akulova, Director, Transmission Components R&D -- 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm -- Ballroom A -- Anaheim Convention Center
- Workshop: “To Serialize or not to Serialize? Practical Approaches for Coherent Transmission at and beyond 400G” -- Brandon Collings, CTO -- 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm -- Ballroom C -- Anaheim Convention Center
Monday, March 21, 2016
- Workshop: “Does Elastic Coherent Bring an End to Filtered Networks?” -- Brandon Collings, CTO -- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm -- Ballroom C -- Anaheim Convention Center
- The Executive Forum: Panel 1: SDN and White Boxes: The Recipe for Unicorns or Niches and Profitless Promises? -- Madhu Krishnaswamy, Director, Product Line Management, Optical Communications -- 9:30 am to 10:45 am -- California Ballroom -- Hilton Anaheim Hotel
- “Flexible Coherent System Hardware: Ready to Meet Expectations” -- Dr. Paul Colbourne, Director, Optical Switching Technology Advanced Research, Optical Communications --1:30 pm to 3:30 pm -- Room #304 -- Anaheim Convention Center
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
- “Integrated (Black Box) vs. Disaggregated (White Box) Networking” -- Brandon Collings, CTO -- 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm -- Room: California A -- Hilton Anaheim Hotel
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- “Advances in Integrated Widely Tunable Coherent Transmitters” -- Dr. Yuliya Akulova, Director, Transmission Components R&D, -- 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm -- Ballroom A -- Anaheim Convention Center
Thursday, March 24, 2016
- “Components for 100G Coherent Pluggable Modules -- CFP2 (Th3G.5)” -- Sunil Khatana, Engineering Director, Transceivers -- 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm -- Ballroom A -- Anaheim Convention Center
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.