Perform material feasibility tests quickly to validate laser sources for your materials processing requirements
With a global network of state-of-the-art applications labs, Lumentum can help you identify the right laser for a wide variety of materials and applications.
Micromachining Applications Lab
Our lab capabilities include nanosecond, picosecond, and femtosecond systems covering infrared, green, and ultraviolet wavelengths, and wide range of processes and substrates including:
- Processes: drilling, cutting, scribing, dicing, LIP micromachining, surface texturing, selective ablation, patterning, marking, engraving, micro-welding
- Materials: glass, sapphire, silicon, metals, semiconductor, thin-film patterning, polyimide, PET, and polymer, alumina and other ceramic materials, CFRP, others
- Industries: consumer electronics, medical, aerospace, solar, automotive, tooling manufacturing, transportation, oil and gas, metal fabrication, defense
High-Power Fiber Laser Applications Lab
This lab covers the following applications and industries:
- Applications: 2D and 3D cutting, welding, remote welding and cutting, brazing, heat treating, high-power directed energy
- Industries: consumer electronics, medical, aerospace, solar, automotive, heavy industry, transportation, oil and gas, metal fabrication, defense
Our labs are equipped with high-quality laser sources, tools to shape and direct the laser beams, and analysis equipment to optimize multiple interrelated parameters. We have a wide range of motion controls for fast and accurate scanning, multi-wavelength and beam-shaping optics.