Dusseldorf, Germany and Milpitas, Calif., September 19, 2016 – (NASDAQ: LITE) Lumentum Holdings Inc. (“Lumentum”) today announced that it will highlight the latest solutions from its optical communications portfolio during the European Conference on Optical Communications (ECOC) at the Congress Center Dusseldorf in Dusseldorf, Germany from September 19 - October 21, 2016.
At Booth #600, Hall #3 Lumentum will demonstrate its latest offerings and important product advancements:
Datacom Transceivers: Lumentum has a wide array of 100G optical transceivers and proven track record of technology leadership. Lumentum will exhibit the newest addition to its datacom pluggable portfolio: the 100G SWDM4 optical transceiver. This module uses shortwave wavelength division multiplexing (SWDM) to create a low-cost 100G upgrade path for data centers with duplex multimode fiber already installed. In addition, Lumentum will showcase at ECOC a full array of 100G transceivers including:
- CFP2/CFP4 LR4: transceiver supports links of up to 10 km on duplex, single-mode fiber.
- QSFP28 CWDM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 2 km on duplex single-mode fiber.
- QSFP28 PSM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 500 m on parallel single-mode fiber ribbon.
- QSFP28 LR4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 10 km on duplex single-mode fiber supporting both Ethernet and OTN rates.
SDN Optical Whitebox Platform: Lumentum’s SDN optical whitebox platform is a family of configurable building blocks which supports the construction of networking solutions for varied applications based on specific performance and cost requirements. They are designed for simplicity and scalability, with open interfaces. The platform includes:
- Terminal Amplifier: The terminal amplifier whitebox and its associated mux/demux form the endpoints of a transport link.
- Mux/Demux: The mux/demux is a passive element that provides the entry/exit point for data transmission channels.
- Line Amplifier: The line amplifier whitebox is used to extend system reach beyond the single span limit of the terminal amplifier whitebox.
- ROADM: The ROADM whitebox is used to support wavelength agility in meshed networks.
Lithium Niobate Modulators: Lumentum is currently developing a high-bandwidth, lithium niobate modulator for use in 45/64GBaud transmission applications. It adheres to specifications in the OIF’s HB-PMQ modulator agreement. Applications include 100G, 200G, and 400G applications for long-haul, metro, or data-center interfaces supporting single- or dual-carrier solutions in both C- and L-band. This product will be on display in the Lumentum booth.
Passive Components and Modules: Lumentum continues offering solutions for data center, LAN, metro, and long-haul networks. At ECOC, Lumentum is adding a new integrated uni-directional tap photodiode array (Tap-PD array) to its passive components and modules product portfolio. The evolution to colorless, directionless, and contentionless (CDxC) networks requires more ports, higher density, and greater monitoring which have resulted in this new Tap-PD array solution. It supports applications ranging from 1x2 to 1x24 requirements and is available now.
TrueFlex® Portfolio: Lumentum is continuing its support of next generation TrueFlex portfolio solutions. Showcased at ECOC include:
- TrueFlex Optical Channel Monitoring Portfolio: featuring the Quad OCM, the Tunable Filter, and the Tunable Filter OCM. These solutions offer fixed and gridless scanning for power monitoring blades and single-slot ROADM blades.
- TrueFlex Single-slot Super Transport Blades: featuring the Micro 1x9, the Micro Twin 1x9, the Micro Twin 1x20 WSS, and the 1x35 Micro Twin WSS, Optical Channel Monitor, Switchable-Gain Preamp EDFA, and Variable-Gain Booster EDFA.
- TrueFlex Multicast Switch: featuring the Twin 4x4 multicast switch and the upgradeable Twin 4x16 switch. They leverage Lumentum’s single-slot line card envelope that continues the industry benchmark for contentionless add/drop capacity and density.
Sunday, September 18, 2016
- Workshop: “Short Range Optical Transmission for Emerging 5G Front Haul, DCI and Metro Networks.” -- Steven Wallace, Research and Development Manager -- 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm -- Conf. # WS03 - Room 16 -- Congress Center Dusseldorf
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Market Focus 2016: Optical Whiteboxes in pursuit of Disaggregated Open Networks -- Madhu Krishnaswamy, Senior Director, Product Line Management, Optical Communications -- 12:35 pm – 12:55 pm -- Congress Center Dusseldorf – Market Focus Theater
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Market Focus 2016: “400G Datacenter Interconnects” -- Sherwin Cabatic, Director, Product Line Manager, Datacom Pluggable Transceivers -- 11:30 pm to 12:00 pm -- Congress Center Dusseldorf – Market Focus Theater
- Market Focus 2016: “The Fracturing of the Ethernet Optics Market” -- Chris Pfistner, Vice President, Product Line Management, Datacom -- 12:05 pm to 12:35 pm -- Congress Center Dusseldorf – Market Focus Theater
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.